Duggan School

Identity area

Type of entity

Corporate body

Authorized form of name

Duggan School

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence

1971-

History

The opening ceremony took place in 1972. Duggan school was named after the residential neighborhood it was constructed in, Duggan, which was named after John Joseph Duggan. In 1891, John Joseph Duggan moved to Strathcona and established a lumber yard. He was a member of the first council of the Town of Strathcona in 1899, and served two periods as mayor, 1902-1903 and 1908-1910. During the second period he participated in negotiations for the amalgamation of Edmonton and Strathcona. In 1906, Duggan purchased a half section of farmland south of Strathcona, adding an adjacent parcel in 1929. This land later became known as the subdivision of Duggan.

Places

Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

10616 36a Avenue

Relationships area

Access points area

Subject access points

Place access points

Occupations

Control area

Authority record identifier

EPSAM-0229

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used

Status

Final

Level of detail

Full

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Record created August 5, 2022.
Record revised August 10, 2022.

Language(s)

  • English

Script(s)

Sources

Naming Edmonton by City of Edmonton.
A Century and Ten by M.A. Kostek.

Maintenance notes

Record created by Kassandra Milette.
Record revised by Kassandra Milette.

  • Clipboard

  • Export

  • EAC

Related subjects

Related places