Type of entity
Authorized form of name
Parallel form(s) of name
Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules
Other form(s) of name
Identifiers for corporate bodies
Dates of existence
Additions to the school were added in 1950, 1955 and 1963. A temporary Delton School was in operation in 1912, located at 82 Street and 118 Avenue.
Named after the residential district that it was constructed in, Delton was named after Edward Delegare “Del” Grierson. Grierson came to Edmonton in the 1890s while working on the Canadian Pacific railway and went on to acquire property along Jasper Avenue, including the old Alberta Hotel (no longer in existence). In the early 1900s Grierson served a number of terms on Edmonton’s City Council.
Functions, occupations and activities
Mandates/sources of authority
12126 89 Street
Access points area
Place access points
Authority record identifier
Rules and/or conventions used
Level of detail
Dates of creation, revision and deletion
Record created October 22, 2021.
Record revised August 10, 2022.
Delton Neighbourhood Profile by the City of Edmonton
Naming Edmonton by City of Edmonton.
Record created by Allison Easton.
Record revised by Kassandra Milette.